Thursday, September 23, 2010

A New Found Love of Mice and Men

George walked into the barn and the horses followed. George turns and there in the doorway stood Curley's wife. At that moment she fell head over heels in love, with him. Curley's wife starred at the face only a mother could love, and she moves closer to George.
     "You shouldn't be in here," George called, frozen to the spot.
     "I was just looking for Curley," she teased, "Have you seen him."
     "No, he's not here," George replied quickly.
     "Oh, well that's too bad, because misery loves company. Mind if I stay with you," the words playful came out of her mouth.
      "I don't want no trouble," George said sheepishly.
      "Oh, I won't cause no trouble. You know a good man is hard to find." She sat beside him on a pile of hay.
     "I don't want to trouble," repeated George. Love was in the air, George couldn't take his eyes off her.  "What if Curley shows up."
     "All is fair in love and war," she smiled, "Every man for himself."
    "But Curley will kill us," George replied. George looked around as if Curley was hiding in the barn.
     "Isn't it better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all," she muttered, "Please George live a little."
     "I can't, you'll get me fired, if you love something set it free." Curley's wife knelt on the floor,
     "How do I love thee, let me count the ways."
     "You have to stop, Curley might hear you," pleaded George. "We can't be together."
     "Love is blind, I have to be with you," she cried, "the heart wants what the heart wants."
     "I can't, I'll let down Lennie, and Candy," George stumbled, "I have dreams, that I am not going to give up for you."
     "Love conquers all, George please," she shouted, "don't leave me." George turned to go, he stopped in the doorway. He turned to look at Curley's wife. She was curled up on the ground, tears were streaming down her face. As George turned out of the barn he whispered to himself,
     "A faint heart never a true love knows." With that George met up with the rest of the guys to head to town.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ash, you know that George's name is spelled wrong a LOT, the "g" comes before the "r", but other than that good job! Lots of good cliches!!!

    ReplyDelete